At Macarthur Adventist College, our mission is to empower students to reach their full potential through a quality education in a supportive Christian community. We:
- Promote excellence through all aspects of school life
- Embrace diversity
- Uphold Christ as the model to follow
PB4L initiatives are evident throughout Macarthur Adventist College’s behavioural management system and student acknowledgement system. The outcome of these initiatives ensure students are offered effective support strategies in order to make positive behavioural choices and are acknowledged for positive conduct, effort and behaviour.
We have chosen four values to display in all areas of the school. MAC teachers will be explicitly teaching each value in class and in chapel. As a school, we passionately believe these values are vital for learning and life. Our four values are:
Value yourself and others through your words and actions
Make wise decisions and be accountable in all situations
When things don’t go right, keep your chin up and stay positive
To have the right attitude to begin each day fresh
Click relevant title below to expand for further information
- Nurture for Today
- Learning for Tomorrow
- Character for Eternity
We aim to help children develop strength of character and sound, Christian principles. Your child will engage in programs designed to teach the value of life and respect for others and themselves.
The education program of this College seeks to uphold the following Christian principles as understood by the Seventh-day Adventist Church:
- An eternal, loving and personal God is the source of life, truth, beauty and Christian values
- God created and sustains the universe
- Through Christ, God acted to restore a relationship between Himself and man, a relationship that was marred by sin. He continues to seek a personal relationship with each individual through the work of the Holy Spirit. His final redemptive act takes place at His second coming to earth.
- Through His moral laws, God outlines standards of ethical behaviour, which, if adopted by man, develop commitment to God's plan and service for others.
- Meaning in life is achieved through reference to God's plan. God-given capacities for creativity, knowledge, social sensitivity and physical wellbeing are developed as fully as possible.